Sunday, April 27, 2014

KNITTERS FROLIC 2014

Yesterday was a wonderful day at the annual Knitter's Frolic held at the Japanese Cultural Centre in Toronto. It is definitely worth getting up early on a Saturday to spend the day amid a dizzying amount of yarn in a vast array of colour and textures, and to be among knitters and friends. It was a happy day filled with lots of laughter, sharing ideas and being inspired. 

I enjoyed taking a couple of classes with Candace Eisner Strick: 'Creating Crescents' and 'Double Dare'. I enjoyed both classes with Candace who has a great way of teaching combined with a wealth of knowledge and sense of humour - truly a pleasure to meet her and learn new techniques - I'm anxious to introduce them into my designs. 

In between classes I had a few hours to shop around the marketplace and found a beautiful stitch pattern book to add to my reference library. I also purchased something called the 'Fleegle Beader' at the BeadFX booth which had people clamoring to purchase this tool used to add beads while knitting. 

My favourite yarn was a new yarn called Mrs. Crosby introduced at the Frolic by The Needle Emporium. Julie designed the booth with vintage trunks and suitcases filled with yarn available in five weights in really beautiful colours - it was like finding treasure in those trunks! The Facebook page for Mrs. Crosby describes it as 'more than yarn. She is about inspiring people to follow their muse and fulfill their dreams. She represents every woman’s search for excitement and fulfillment'. There were also quotes from Mrs. Crosby used throughout the displays. I chose 'Hat Box' (a sports weight) in colour Wild Huckleberry. 



I raced home and wrote a pattern. I've wound the yarn, purchased some glass seed beads, got out the Fleegle Beader, made a cup of tea and I'm ready to cast on...

No comments:

Post a Comment